Thank you for accessing the web site ("Site") of MarcusYork.net ("Marcus York"). We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information.
Personal information may include your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information and phone number. We may also collect certain demographic information such as your genre preferences, age, gender, geographical location, language, time zone, income and education (some of the information we ask for may be optional). Marcus York may use or disclose aggregate information for any purpose.
We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
1. Information Collection. We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- help make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- help us create content on this Site that is most relevant to you.
- alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we use the personal information to contact you.
- Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for promotions; to request us to notify you when regarding particular offers or products, or to sign up for our e-mail newsletter and special offers, including contests, which we may run from time to time. Your participation in a contest is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest winners and to award prizes. We may post on our Site the names and cities of contest winners.
- Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, this Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or "action tags") to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help us tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
- As an example, Facebook® collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook® via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any client's personal information collected by us.
- Log Files. As is true of most web sites, the Site automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. We may also log your Internet protocol ("IP") address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
- Age. We respect children's privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on this Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
2. Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with Client Services. We may internally use your personal information to improve our Site's content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- Communications with You: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance). Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to register for promotions; request we notify you regarding particular offers or products, or sign up for our email newsletter and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver this information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt-out section for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection—we primarily sell merchandise, not information. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone, except that:
- As do most Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide Client Services to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial services corporations such as credit card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
This Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") for all financial transactions through this Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit our Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
Marcus York uses industry-standard procedures and safeguards designed to protect the privacy of all personal information. All Marcus York employees with access to personal information are required to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling. Our vendors and their employees who may need access to member information, such as Client Services and fulfillment vendors, are held to strict confidentiality requirements. At times we may retain third parties to analyze data we collect on our website, and to administer the services provided such as shipping, web hosting, etc. as described above, solely to help us provide and improve our products, services and websites. These suppliers and other third parties are not authorized by us to use your personal information in any other way. We may have to use personal information to investigate complaints and protect Marcus York and its members, in compliance with the law, Marcus York policies.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
On your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending certain or order-related emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing your request to our Customer Services department at email@example.com. Please do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
WHAT IF YOU'RE NOT A MARCUS YORK MEMBER, BUT YOU'VE HEARD FROM MARCUS YORK?
You may have received an offer from us. If you were a prior registrant, we may have invited you back. We may also have received your information from one of our partners or from the mailing, opt-in emailing, or phone lists of a reputable company. Unless we are using an opt-in only list in our marketing efforts, Marcus York will screen our lists with the Direct Marketing Association ("DMA") preference lists before we send such offers.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
4871 Sharp St
Dallas, TX 75247